Colchester Dental Referral Centre
841 The Crescent
Colchester Business Park
Tel: 01206 756 813
Fax: 01206 854 767
For all your enquiries
Dental Implants: Replacement teeth that look and feel like your own
About Dental Implants
The dental implant process involves replacing one or more missing teeth with new, ‘screw in teeth’ that look and feel like your own – allowing you to smile, speak and eat with confidence again. Replacing missing teeth is important for your general health and will help protect your other teeth from future problems.
Dental implant treatment has been used to replace missing teeth for more than 50 years and long term studies continue to show improving success rates. Here at Colchester Dental Referral Centre, we accept referrals for patients requiring a dental implants procedure from dentists and GPs throughout Essex, Suffolk, Norfolk, Cambridge and London.
Dental implant dentists (Implantologists), Dr Nadir Khan and Dr T. C. Patel, explain the benefits of dental implants and oral surgery at CDRC.
The best thing about dental implants is that they will improve your appearance and function, and give you back your self-esteem. And because they’re so comfortable and natural-looking, they will look and feel like your own teeth. If they’re properly fitted and you take good care of them, your new teeth could last you a lifetime.
The dental implants procedure
Dental implants are root-shaped rawl plugs, usually made from titanium, that are placed directly into your jaw bone to take the place of missing tooth roots. In time (approximately 6 weeks), the titanium implants will bond with your bone. Titanium abutments, or screws, are then attached to the implants to provide a base for one or more replacement teeth or crowns, or to support a full bridge or set of dentures.
Your dental implant dentist will carefully match your new teeth to the size, shape and colour of your natural teeth to give the best possible appearance.
The advantages of dental implants
If you have one or more missing or failing teeth, dental implants are an excellent option for tooth replacement and the closest alternative to having your own teeth back. They offer a range of benefits, including:
- Improved appearance and confidence. Your implants will look so natural that no one will ever know you have them. You will be able to eat, speak and smile with confidence – with potentially life-changing results.
- Fewer complications. As dental implants integrate into your bone structure, they will not cause the bone loss and gum recession that is often associated with bridgework and dentures.
- Healthier teeth. Unlike a bridge, implants do not affect the health or quality of the adjacent teeth so you will enjoy better oral health in the long term.
- Security, convenience and comfort. Dental implants are secure in your mouth so you will be free from the irksome clicks and wobbles associated with dentures. You can say goodbye to messy pastes and glues, too.
- Reliability. Implants have a high success rate for replacing missing teeth, and achieve more predictable results than bridgework, resin bonded bridges or endodontics.
- Replacing a single tooth. If you are missing a single tooth, one implant and a crown can replace your natural tooth and its root without affecting the adjacent teeth.
- Replacing several teeth. Implant-supported bridges can be fitted to replace two or more missing teeth and their roots, eliminating the need for a removable partial denture.
- Replacing all your teeth. Dental implants can also be used to support a full bridge or full denture to replace all your natural teeth and some of their roots. You will find the implant more secure and comfortable than traditional bridgework or dentures.
Bupa Dental Care Support Centre, Vantage Park, Old Gloucester Road, Hambrook, Bristol BS16 1GW. Registered in England and Wales No: 478127
Referral Dentist | About Referral Dentist | Root Canal | Dental Implants | Oral Surgery | Periodontal | Dental courses | Dental News | Dental Referral Centre
Last updated: 1/5/2018 at 14:20 GMT